Yes, handheld showers are generally easy to install and can be done by most people with basic plumbing skills. Here are the general steps involved in installing a handheld shower:
- Turn off the water supply: Before you begin, turn off the water supply to your shower. You can usually do this by turning the valve near the shower or by shutting off the main water supply to your home.
- Remove the existing showerhead: Use a wrench to remove the existing showerhead from the shower arm. Make sure to use a cloth or protective tape to avoid damaging the shower arm.
- Install the mounting bracket: Attach the mounting bracket for the handheld shower to the shower arm. Follow the instructions provided with the handheld shower to ensure that you install the mounting bracket correctly.
- Install the hose: Attach one end of the hose to the mounting bracket and the other end to the handheld showerhead. Make sure that the connections are tight and secure.
- Test the handheld shower: Turn on the water supply and test the handheld shower to ensure that it is working correctly. Adjust the water pressure and direction of the spray as needed.
Overall, installing a handheld shower is a relatively simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. However, if you are not comfortable working with plumbing or have any concerns, it is always best to consult with a professional plumber.